CHRISTIAN LEGAL SOCIETY
Enabling Students to Seek Justice with the Love of God
- To proclaim Jesus as Lord through all we do:
- To defend the religious liberty of all Americans through the legislatures and courts;
- To defend the religious liberty of students to gather on their campuses as Christian organizations;
- To promote justice for the poor, religious liberty, sanctity of human life, and biblical conflict resolution;
- To encourage Christian lawyers to view law as a ministry and help them integrate faith and their legal practice;
- To provide Christian lawyers a means of society and fellowship;
- To encourage and disciple Christian law professors and students;
- To provide a forum for discussing issues related to Christianity and the law;
- To encourage lawyers and law students to serve the poor and needy.
To establish and maintain vibrant witnessing communities of law students on every law school campus in the nation and at key Christian colleges.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
CLS is a non-denominational Christian membership association of lawyers, judges, law students, law professors and other associates whose membership participate I the broad and rich variety of Christian congregational life and traditions. Membership in the CLS is open to all who
– One God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
– God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth
– The deity of our Lord, Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of virgin Mary; His vicarious death for our sins through which we receive eternal life; His bodily resurrection and personal return
– The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration
– The Bible as the inspired Word of God
For more information on Nashville School of Law’s chapter of the Christian Legal Society, please contact Christi Holt at email@example.com
LEGAL AID SOCIETY
Nashville School of Law’s Legal Aid Society is a committed, compassionate, and efficient group of students dedicated to safeguarding the legal rights of the local community regardless of economic status. Visit our Legal Aid Society social media pages: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, or email us at NSL Legal Aid Society. Regardless of whether or not you are a NSLLAS member, considering taking the Pro Bono Pledge and devote 50 hours of service during your law school career. Check the student calendar for a list of upcoming clinics. All are welcome to participate.
For students participating in clinics or other work, you can log your hours here.
See a copy of the group’s charter here.
SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT
The Sports and Entertainment Law Society (SELS) strives to promote and support interest in the current issues affecting sports and entertainment law while cultivating networks within this legal community for the purpose of providing NSL students with access to information regarding professional opportunities. SELS also strives to strengthen relationships with NSL alumni and the sports and entertainment industry, while equipping students to better serve Music Row and the sporting industry.
Read the bylaws.